Tuesday, March 24, 2009

ANother week

Another update…
I am fairly tired today. I just got done eating some fabulous homecooked lo mein. Last week at the haven I worked in the kitchen because Thando was at the doctor. I got to talking with one of the nurses, Geraldine and she said she would cook dinner for our flat for the next week if we brought the groceries. So yesterday I brought the grociers and today I got about five full meals. Lo Mein, Chicken curry, Mac and Cheese and some other stuff….yum. I think I am in a food coma right now.

This weekend was a lot of fun. My aunts Betsy and Martha came down from their volunteering in Cape Town to visit for the weekend. On Saturday Betsy joined our group to go to a human rights day rally. Winnie Mandela was supposed to speak, but there were some legal issues because COPE (new rival political party to the ANC) and the ANC both tried to reserve the rugby stadium in Utienhage. A midnight decision turned in favor of COPE, so the ANC set up in a farm field next to the stadium. We went the rally and…wow. Nothing like the Tinklenberg rallies I went to. Everyone was singing, dancing and marching. Our group was definitley in the minority. I wasn’t sure how we would be received, but a lot of people came up to us and said that they were happy to see us there (meaning white people). We just were polite because most of us are not too keen on Jacob Zuma. I’ll try and bring the dancing back to the College Dems meetings…

Otherwise we have one more week untill spring break. Woot. I have a 4000 word paper due in a week, yuk.

No comments:

Post a Comment